I have being feeling blah and lacking motivation to exercise. I keep finding excuses for why I can exercise later. Granted, my body needed a break after training so hard, but it has been three weeks since my half now and I need to get back on track. I’ve not being doing so hot with my eating either. I haven’t been a pig and gained weight, but I’m not heading in the right direction and gained some in inches.
Here are my measurements for April with the +/- compared to February:
177.6 lbs (up 1.2)
Body fat - 33% (+.2%)
Water - 47.3% (-.2%)
Hips - 39.5 in (+.5)
Waist - 34.25 in (+.5)
Arms - 12in (L), 12.5in (R) (-.25, 0)
Thighs - 25 in (L), 25 in (R) (+.5)
Chest - 39 in (+.5)
Like I said, not bad, but a noticeable difference in the mirror and in my clothes.
I came to the realization this week that I’ve always had a training plan and a race (goal) I’m working towards. I don’t have one now. I wanted to back off from halfs to work on my speed, and since I’m going to Uganda in July. C and I are doing a 5 mile trail race in May (I wanted to do something different and fun), but I have no plan.
I need a plan. I need something to keep me accountable, give me direction and something to work towards. I also need to get my eating under control. I’m not running 20 or more miles a week any more and I have to stop eating like I am. Eating this way was ok when I was running so much, but I have to reduce my eating to match my working out.
I have some ideas of what I want to do.
- I want to swim, but our HOA pool isn’t heated until May 1st and the cost of the local heated pool is too much.
- I want to start jumping rope and doing box jumps to help increase my lower body strength and speed.
- I want to do yoga one or two days a week.
- I want to still run long runs of 6-9 miles, for a solid base.
- I want to work on speed work, but I don’t know what I need to do exactly and I need to research.
- I want to incorporate more strength training. My chiropractor just gave me strength training routines to incorporate as well, so that made me excited.
- I need to set my calories back down to 1,500. I think I need to be strict for a while to get myself into balance.
I don’t have a plan though. I need to put this all into a weekly plan, something I can work on and be held accountable to. I need goals as well. I want to get faster, but what is realistic? I’m iffy about setting a weight goal, because well you know it has been a challenge the last six months have been flat lined (but deep down inside I still want to be smaller). Should I set inches to strive for? What should I be striving for?
So while this last week has been difficult emotionally and I’ve been hard on myself. I think I’ve had some good reflections though. Now I need to figure out what this will look like on a weekly basis and figure out a plan.